My oh my!
What you need:
1 Golden butter cake mix
1 pkg instant Vanilla pudding mix
1 large can of peaches in syrup
3 sticks salted sweet cream butter, softened (sinful, I know)
Vanilla extract (couldn't tell you how much, really)
Several cups of powdered sugar
1 cup of Southern Comfort
pinch of salt
Couple of tbs of sweetened condensed milk (regular milk will work, to the detriment of the icing)
1. In large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix and pudding.
2. Drain peaches, saving liquid. Replace water in pkg direction with syrup and Southern Comfort in a 3:1 ratio. For example if the cake mix calls for 1 C water use 3/4 C syrup and 1/4 C SoCo.
3. Add butter according to pkg directions, vanilla(I measure using the cap of the bottle, three overflowing capfuls) and one egg.
4. Add peaches and beat with mixer until creamy.
5. Bake according to pkg directions. Cake may take longer the the pkg indicates, as the batter will be much thicker.
1. Cream 2 sticks of softened butter.
2. Slowly add powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Mix in another couple capfuls of vanilla, milk and one pinch of salt.
4. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
5. Ice completely cooled cake.
Photo courtesy of G. Rach!